Friday, March 27, 2009

God - He is Awesome!!

And He is too :)
Gather round and I'll tell you a story - yellow onions and all...
A while ago, several years - I used to date a gal, not hot and heavy kind of dating, just drives in the country and simple stuff like that. She lives out in the country, used to work at a bank in Palo Cedro. Well after a while we stopped seeing each other, nothing bad, just drifted apart. A little while after that I saw that she now worked for the county, felt odd seeing her there, but it wasn't bad or anything, just odd (now remember this was before I came to Jesus). Years later I saw her crossing the street going to her car and I said hi and we talked for a bit, just two old friends saying hi. Now we get a bit closer to present day, I had just accepted Christ and was riding that initial buzz when I saw her again and we talked, albeit briefly, but I saw around her neck the pentangle of the neo-pagan... We parted, still friendly, but parted. Fast forward to this week - Payday was Tuesday and I have $150 of my check taken from my checking and put into my savings - so there's that money sitting there and I like to spend money :) but every time I looked at something neat or cool, His little voice said "wait" so it sat there. Backstory flash - sideways I guess - for months I have prayed and asked the Lord that He give me His will to do - to bless me - to pour out the old man that I was and fill me with His beautiful and Holy Spirit - all this week I have felt the power and joy of Him in my heart - almost like I was jumping out of my skin - I wanted to just jump and sing and laugh with the power inside me. I know that He is in me - moving me in His Way - Amen! - Flash forward to today - this very afternoon. I am working with a colleague when I get a message that this woman is trying to find me - I go and look for her but she has left. I get her phone number (she works in the same building I do) so I call her. There is a sad and poignant pause on the other end of the phone "Gordon, can I see you? Please?" Sure I say and tell her I'll be out in the hall. Seconds later she is there, eyes barely holding back tears she asks "Gordon, could I please borrow $150?" *WHAM*!!!
"Of course, let's go to the bank"... We walked the few blocks and she just unraveled; tears and crying and sobbing her story - my heart breaking inside me - wanting to hold her and cry with her. We got to the bank - the guy ahead of me went off and left his card in the ATM, BTW ;) I yelled at him and he came running back to get it ;) I took out $160 (from my own account, not his...) (the 150 she wanted and 10 just cause - well just cause that's what the ATM gives is $20's ;) ) On the way back to work, I causally asked if she was still wiccan - she said that she was having real trouble wearing the necklace because it just felt so heavy and it didn't feel right, she asked if I was still a pagan - *cue His loving wonder* I said no, I've been a Christian for a few years and witnessed to her, telling her of His love for her and encouraging her to just "give Him a call, He's been waiting for you".

Now this evening as I was sitting here reading the Scripture, it hit me - God's hands were there years ago - she and I met, got to know each other, went our own ways - our lives - so intwined - yet so different - that decision to have that money taken out of my check (by the way - I had $155 in savings and $35 in checking when she asked) - hadn't spent it - had been praying for His Spirit to move me in His way - and there He was. I pray that He's smiling as big as I am right now, I pray that she's "on the phone" with Him right now...

"Be still and know I'm here - we are not alone"
Friends - I love you all.
Be blessed :)

P.S. Kira, there's a lot we don't know till it's too late, then there's stuff we know but don't do anything about, then there's stuff like this. I love you so much hon, I pray for you, for you and Dawn and Annika - you all are so precious to me.

Anyway - there :)
Love you,
Always,
Dad

1 comment:

Skye said...

Ok. I have read and reread this post, as I sense there was something in there directed toward me, but for the life of me I cannot see it. If you are on about me not believing the way you do, let me point out that I have the utmost respect for your beliefs, please have the same respect for mine. I love you Dad. And you don't know everything about how I believe. ;) Have yourself a glorious evening.