Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Hello

Not really much today, but I did want to post something - just to stay in the habit.
Been talking and learning more and more about the Good News - spending time in His Word, wonderful, truly wonderful.

The lesson Everett and I are working on right now is 1 John - to be honest, I didn't think I'd like John's writings, but now that I am studying them more closely, I think I do. In his gospel, he comes across - to me - kind of dry and a bit heavy handed. But in his epistle - totally different. Very open and descriptive, really brings the love of Christ and the love of The Father home to me. Also he describes the Holy Spirit in a way I can understand - this from a Huge fan of Paul :)

In 1 John - he writes about the fellowship of Christians - fellowship between them and God - as well as the fellowship between Christians and the importance of it. Short version - It's Really Important! But it's easy to do. Reading and talking about the Word are the best ways to fellowship with Him, and when we, as Christians, read and discuss the Word between us, we all grow in His faith, we all learn the many ways to bring Him the glory, we all learn the ways to follow His commandments (and also just exactly what they are - Hint: 1 John 2 -1:29) In other words - we learn how to have an open and honest communication with our God and Saviour, and at the same time we learn how to have a loving and honest communication with each other.
Cool beans :)

Well there 'ya go - just thought I'd drop by and say - what I thought would be nothing - but when I get started talking about the Lord - I just can't say enough :)

Peace and here's Hoping (inside reference - subject for another discussion) for your faith to grow in the Love of our Lord Jesus Christ - and if you don't know Him - Then I really Hope you do soon - John 3-16 - "For God so loved the world, He sent His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not die, but have everlasting life." Just listen to your heart, Listen to the quiet voice "You can be forgiven" Doesn't matter where you are, what you are doing, simply close your eyes and admit you are a sinner and ask Jesus to forgive you - He will. He loves you.

See you again soon ;)

No comments: