Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Hey

I know - long time no post - *blech* to you my friend ;)
This is my blog - not yours - you post when you want to on Your blog - I post when I want to on mine, fair enough?
There, that being said, I had a wonderful evening - started innocently enough, was given a PC to troubleshoot by a friend (Win 98 BTW... EEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!) OK, anyway, needed to get a PS2 mouse, so I went to work to borrow one. As I went to leave, I got to my car and remembered it was Wednesday night, prayer service night. My good friend and mentor Everett works an odd shift (1 -9:30PM) and so has not been able to attend those meetings at the church. I was moved to go back in and the two of us (with the Lord as well) held our own prayer and remembrance service. What a wonderful opportunity for the two of us to testify and praise the Lord! Amen - Selah! (Pause and reflect...)

One of the tings I testified about was - as Christians we are to bring our sins to the cross, to lay them at the feet of Jesus. Well that - my friends - is a lot easier said than done - I testified that it was like we take our luggage to Him just to show it off. "Look Lord, Louis Vittan - or American Tourister!" And we take it away with us. We don't leave it, we might open it up, rummage through it, but we don't leave it. It's OURS! Darn it, we suffered for it! It's by Gosh ours...
Thing is, is ain't. Thing is He suffered for it. Thing is He died for it. Thing is He was born again to TAKE IT AWAY FROM US!!! Pride... Ignorance... What do we deserve this Grace and Faith for anyway? If we can't trust Him enough to take our sins and make us whole. Short answer, we don't deserve it. We are in no way worthy of it, that's the beauty of it, "For God so loved the world; He sent His only begotten Son, that who ever believes in Him shall not die..."
For God so loved the world, He loves you, He loves me, His Son - through whom all of creation was made and is held together - came here and died for us and then on the third day rose from the dead! That we might receive His gift of Grace and through Grace, Faith, and through that Faith - Salvation.
When I was being baptized - for real - into the body of Christ, I was asked for a testimony of God's love. All I remember saying was; My God, the creator of all things, came to Earth and died for my sins - I cannot picture "I Love You" being said a better way, Amen - Selah!

So there.
I am blogged out.
I do pray that the Lord lifts up His face to you, that you realize He has Never turned His face from you, that His hand is Always on you, His peace is right there with you. Open the door to your heart, invite Him in, accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and savior, confess your sins to Him and be forgiven. I pray that His will be done throughout the world, in all things in His time. I pray that He give us all the wisdom to see it, know it, and act upon it - all to glorify His name.
Suggested reading: Proverbs (The whole book, but chapter 9 really); John 3:16-18; Acts 4:8-15

No comments: