Sunday, September 20, 2009

Call me butter

'Cause I'm on a roll - - - -
OK, I'll stop now -
Gee, I am posting two nights in a row...
Better? ;)
Hehe - Had a wonderful day - great Lord's day - nice service and wonderful lesson - the pastor has been going through Judges, specifically the story of Gideon - great stuff. I'm a big fan of Judges, wonderful "action" stories, my most favorite one is just before Gideon, in chapters 4 and 5 of Judges, that's Deborah and Barak - totally cool stuff - if you haven't read the story, or if you have but have forgotten it - do yourself a favor and read it again, or just read it.

Or how about Shamgar the son of Anath - this guys story is told in one verse - Judges 3:31 "After him came Shamgar the son of Anath, who struck down six hundred Philistines with an oxgoad; and he saved Israel." Powerful testimony to the strong right arm of God.

Which leads me to what I wanted to bring up - New Testament - The Gospel of John - Chapter 17 - this is sometimes called the "High Priestly Prayer" - In this Jesus asks His Father to bless us, to guard us, to give us His Holy Spirit and to bring us to where He (Christ) is (at the Right Hand of His Father) - I dunno know about you, but I simply cannot think of a better place to be, nor a better person to be there with.

Please, take some time and think about accepting Christ as your savior. He's always there, just waiting for you to call on Him.

1 comment:

Skye said...

I love you dad. You do realize that I am probably the only person who actually reads this, right? So, going on that basis of observation, wouldn't it be fair to say that your are doing exactly the opposite of what you, yourself, taught me, all those years ago? Respect for others and their own beliefs? That would be hypocritical, wouldn't it? I merely say it to be gentile, and point out the fact that "Do as I say and not as I do" went the way of Mom, didn't it. I love you, Daddy. Please don't misunderstand that. This is just a friendly reminder. To quote popular culteure, WWJD? Love you daddy! Have a wonderful day.