Saturday, September 19, 2009

Update and so forth

Hi, I know it's been a while, but I'm still around. Monday, September 7, was my Fifty Tooth birthday!! WooT!! ;)
Anyway - some friends and I went (on Sunday the 6th) to Oroville to a Phil Keaggy, Randy Stonehill concert. Awesome!! I managed to video the concert, fairly good footage for being a small hand held
Here's a song he did called Shades of Green: (sorry the video and audio aren't synched - darn compression engine...)




Anyway- On the eighth, my mom and I went to lunch to celebrate what would have been my dad's 92nd birthday and my mom and dad's 53rd wedding anniversary - always nice to go to lunch with my mom :)
Then on Wednesday, 9-9-09, Amber and I went and saw the movie "9" - and we were both sad :(
The trailers made it look like such a good movie, but we left thinking that it was more like a very long commercial for a video game - even though the movie was only 75 minutes - that's one long commercial...
Friday - September 11 - was Amber's 23rd birthday - she really didn't do too much as all her friends were either out of town or working... I felt bummed for her :(

What else... Not a lot, still loving and serving the Lord :) That's good. Oh, I'm not smoking! Yea!!! Yep, July 12th - gave that to the Lord and He has been totally faithful and took that from me! Praise Him!! Forty plus years, and trying to quit for the last ten... Such a blessing :) And this October - the 17th - will be one year since He took the drinking!!! November 7th will be 3 years since I accepted Christ as my savior, lets see, been saved not quite 3 years and He's taken the drinking and smoking and countless other vices that had me hung up for years - I'd say He has a plan for me and is actively working it!!

Well anyway - that's what I've been up to. See you all again sometime :)
In the meantime - Think on this:

"Come now, and let us reason together," says the Lord, "Though your sins are as scarlet, They will be white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They will be like wool" Isaiah 1:18

Trust in the Lord, Believe He is the Son of God, Ask Him to forgive your sins and you will be forgiven. Please read John 3:14-17 and Ephesians 2:1-9

No comments: