Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Perfect Gardener

The Perfect Gardener

I never really realized this truth until just a bit ago; The Lord is The Perfect Gardener.

The Word of God – the Holy Bible – begins in the Garden (Genesis 1:29-31).

How many times through the Word are fruits and harvests mentioned? I haven’t counted, but I know it is a lot – I was shown this when I planted my first garden after being saved.

I built the boxes, brought in the good soil, prepared everything then put the seeds into the ground. Watered and trusted in the Lord. The corn came up corn, the tomatoes – tomatoes, everything as it was supposed to be. All I did was water the garden – God did all the work.

People are just like that as far as God is concerned, He preps the soil (a heart where He can find a home), He plants the seed (the Word of His Son, Jesus Christ and the sacrifice He made), then He waters it (the lessons from His word and the Fellowship between us and God and the fellowship between us and fellow Christians) Then His crop grows and becomes what He planted, loving, caring and gentle believers in His word; children whom He loves.

Yep, I may have planted the seed, but God grows the garden.

No comments: